GKinetic is currently seeking an Office Manager for a Flexible, Part Time role.
GKinetic Energy is a leading developer of innovative renewable energy solutions, specifically hydrokinetic turbines that generate clean, predictable energy from free flowing water. The company was founded in 2014 and is based in Newcastle West, Co. Limerick.
2021 was a strong year for the company securing external investment and pilot commercial projects coming to fruition. Our mission is to improve the lives of millions of people by self empowerment through clean, local energy generation. We want to disrupt the status quo of fossil fuel dependency and how this controls the structures of our world.
Now growing rapidly with a number of new hires planned for 2022, there is a need for a dedicated Office Manager to join and support the team. You should enjoy working in a dynamic, fun and entrepreneurial environment; generally no 2 days tend to be the same!
The role is based on 3-5 days per week, 6 hours per day (minimum 18 hours, max 30) but there is flexibility with this. Subject to COVID guidelines, it is preferred that the Office Manager be based in-house but remote working will also be supported as much as possible while necessary and efficient. At a minimum you will be expected to come into the office at least 1 day a week.
You will have support from the senior management team, a dedicated Financial Advisor and the company’s Accounting Firm.
- Daily Bookkeeping and Administration.
- Preparation of reports (project financial reports, quarterly board meetings, year-end).
- Management and upkeep of management accounts.
- Support of monthly payroll and expense claims.
- Support and implementation of budgeting procedures.
- Keeping track of employee’s paperwork, holidays and reviews.
- Overseeing HR policies and practices, making improvements where necessary.
- Management of accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Documentation of notes/meetings/client engagements.
- Purchasing and supplier management.
- Managing travel plans, appointments, and agendas for the team.
- Taking inventory and replacing office supplies when necessary.
- Assisting team with preparation of presentations and general research.
- Creating and updating folders/databases.
- Logistics; tracking of shipping, returns etc.
- Other appropriate duties may be assigned from time to time.
There is room for progression in this role. As the company expands there will be opportunity to have your input on the planning, research and financial planning for office and team expansion if this is something that would interest you.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Strong numerical and organizational skills are essential.
- Experienced and very comfortable with bookkeeping.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven Ability to work on own initiative.
- Attention to detail (preparation of reports and proposals, data entry, proofreading).
- We strive to be a paperless office – you must be highly competent working with computers.
- Research and Analysis (for example researching new suppliers, pricing etc.).
- Flexibility (ability to adapt to new tasks and re-prioritize).
Competitive salary will be offered based on experience. Please send your CV to email@example.com, outline your experience and why you feel you are suitable for the role. Only candidates with relevant experience will be considered for the role. The deadline for applications is midnight on Sunday the 16th of January 2022 with initial interviews planned for the week of the 17th of January.
Thank you for your interest in GKinetic!