Join us in shaping a clean, sustainable future – GKinetic is currently hiring a Commercial Manager to join their expanding team.
GKinetic Energy is a leading developer of innovative renewable energy solutions, specifically hydrokinetic turbines that generate clean, predictable energy from free flowing water. The company was founded in 2014 and is based in Newcastle West, Co. Limerick, Ireland.
2021 was a strong year for the company securing external investment with pilot commercial projects coming to fruition. Our mission is to improve the lives of millions of people by self empowerment through clean, local energy generation. We want to disrupt the status quo of fossil fuel dependency and how this controls the structures of our world.
Now growing rapidly with a number of new hires planned for 2022, we are seeking a dynamic, self motivated individual to join us at Senior Management level with the opportunity to progress to C-Level. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the need for distributed energy systems, a strong background in financial planning and project management, an understanding of modern sales and marketing processes and have an excellent network.
You will be joining us at a very exciting time of significant growth and opportunity as the company launches its first market-ready unit. Working closely with the CEO and COO you will be responsible for the development of commercial activities including novel business frameworks, fundraising and contract negotiations with key suppliers and partners.
This is an incredible opportunity to join an ambitious, positive-impact company that has an excellent track record of impressive milestones. You will have support from the C-Level Leadership team, the company’s Board, Shareholders and Advisors as well as GKinetic’s outsourced suppliers that support in Legal, IP and Accounting.
This is a full time salaried role. Ideally the Commercial Manager will work in-house alongside the team but remote working will also be considered for highly relevant candidates whereby you may work 4-6 weeks remotely then 1-2 weeks in-house.
The Commercial Manager will lead and oversee business development efforts covering everything from winning new client contracts to developing marketing and growth strategies and campaigns. You should be experienced and excited about developing and executing short and medium term Go-To-Market strategies and business plans.
You will be expected to continually assess and analyse the market landscape identifying and optimising sales and development opportunities. You should be passionate about bringing disruptive technologies to market and delivering strategic business solutions that can have a positive impact on our waterways and the UN’s sustainable development goals.
Key things you will be working on:
- New Fundraising, Investment and Soft-Funding Strategy and Execution.
- Management of existing Shareholder and Investor relationships and activities (reporting, due diligence requests, audits, business plan development).
- Building and maintaining company relationships (current and prospective).
- Develop GKinetic’s project portfolio, negotiate agreements and fee structures.
- Financial management, reporting and assessment of ongoing projects.
- Sales forecasting, projections, market research and sizing.
- Sales Pipeline, securing LOI’s, sales contracts, pilot projects etc.
- Representing and publicly speaking on behalf of the company.
- Input toward company IP portfolio and FreedomToOperate Strategy.
- Securing sales, manufacturing, distribution and corporate partners for market roll out.
- Expand company reach in international markets (US, India, South Africa, Indonesia).
- Development of commercial offering, value proposition and pricing strategies.
- Work closely with the Supply Chain to improve margins and performance
- Financial operations, planning, budgeting & revenue planning.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Proven leadership capability, minimum 5 years experience at Management level.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in relevant discipline.
- 5+ years’ experience in the commercial domain of a relevant sector(s); Distributed Energy, SmartGrids, Energy Access, Marine/Tidal Energy, Renewable Energy, Cleantech, Power Generation, Project Management, Sustainability, Oil & Gas.
- Development and Execution of Go-To-Market strategies for international markets, particularly EU, US, India, South Africa and Indonesia.
- Pragmatic, highly professional and self-motivated.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Exceptional interpersonal, collaboration & organisational skills.
- Proven track record in commercial negotiation and due diligence.
- Highly competent computer, data analysis and forecasting skills.
- Strategic, commercially minded thinker and problem solver.
- Willingness to travel, confident networker and public speaker.
- Flexible with ability to be office-based and/or work remotely.
- Risk management and financial reporting abilities.
Desirable Additional Skills & Experience:
- MBA in relevant discipline.
- Fundraising, Venture Capital and Private Equity.
- Renewable energy consultancy space.
- Engaging with and educating a wide scope of energy project players including manufacturers, developers, IPPs, Energy distribution companies, utilities, local communities, regulators and government bodies.
- Management of R&D Funded projects.
- Policy development, planning, permitting and regulatory processes.
- Your work will directly contribute towards the UN Sustainable Development Goals #7 ‘Affordable Clean Energy’, #11 ‘Sustainable Cities and Communities’, #13 ‘Climate Action’ and #14 ‘Life Below Water’.
- Salary €55k – €75k, competitive in line with experience.
- Attractive Share Option Scheme to a potential €100k package.
- 21 days holidays as standard with flexible options to increase.
- Performance-based bonus.
- Company phone, computer and expenses.
- Fulltime, Permanent role with clear progression path.
- Membership and Access to gym, pool and nearby local Sailing Club.
- Hybrid Set Up – Remote / Newcastle West, Co. Limerick, IRELAND.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, outline your experience and why you feel you are suitable for the role. Only candidates with relevant experience will be considered. The deadline for applications is midnight on Sunday the 16th of January 2022 with initial interviews planned for the week of the 17th of January. We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible, early March at the very latest.
Thank you for your interest in GKinetic.